VON - Family Supports is proud to offer opportunities in our Familyhome Program. When you become a Familyhome Provider you begin a rewarding life-sharing experience, bringing your gifts, interests, and skills to someone who will benefit from your home. Our providers have shared that they receive as much as they give. For information on how you can become a Familyhome provider see below.
Familyhome Providers Needed
The Familyhome Program of VON Middlesex-Elgin is proud to offer opportunities for new Familyhome Providers who will provide a safe, healthy, and respectful home to individuals with a developmental disability. Opportunities exist for both permanent full-time home providers and for occasional part-time respite providers. The Familyhome Program is grounded in the philosophy of supporting individuals in a respectful manner that involves people fully in planning for their own lives. Funding for this program is provided by the Ministry of Community and Social Services.
- Provide support to individual living in your home with a developmental disability
- Assist individual with all aspects of daily living
- Provide a safe, healthy, and respectful home to an individual based on a mutually positive match
- Be involved in the development of and respect of individual plans of support
- Work closely with VON to ensure Ministry guidelines and expectations are respected
- Guide and support individual in community, work, and social activities
- Help individual develop and maintain relationships with family and peers
- Previous experience providing support to an adult with a developmental disability
- Post-secondary degree or diploma is an asset
- Strong communication skills
- Able to make a long-term, intentioned commitment
- Potential Familyhome providers must be financially stable and maintain a safe and healthy home
- All persons living in the home must be non-smokers
- Access to reliable transportation
- Successful completion of VON's screening program including the submission of a Criminal Reference Check for all adults in your home is required
Individuals, couples, and families are welcome to apply. Familyhome Providers will be financially compensated for their work. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Manager, Family Supports Programs
Tel: 519-657-4570 ext.3234, Email: Jennifer.Morocco@von.ca