Special Services at Home (SSAH)
This respite program helps primary caregivers by providing temporary relief support, enhancing the caregiver’s capacity to provide quality care to individuals with disabilities. SSAH offers respite and support on an individualized basis. SSAH is for people of all ages who have a developmental disability and for children under the age of 18 who have a physical disability. Self-referrals are encouraged. Respite Coordinators are assigned to assist families to apply for the Special Services at Home program and to plan their respite services.
VON Family Supports Programs is proud to offer opportunities in our Special Services at Home Program. For information on how you can become a Support Worker see below.
Support Workers Needed for Special Services at Home Program
VON Family Supports Programs is proud to offer opportunities in our Special Services at Home Program. Our program provides support to individuals with developmental disabilities and respite support to their families. We are looking for support workers to provide part-time respite support.
- Provide support to children (under age 18) and/or adults with development disabilities
- Assist people to develop skills and independence
- Access various community activities
- Assist families and VON to develop and implement individual support plans
- Work on a part-time independently contracted basis. Hours will vary depending on individual plans
- Experience providing support or care to individuals
- Education in a related field is an asset
- Access to a vehicle for work purposes is an asset
- Patient, committed and reliable
- Ability to respect confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team providing support
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their resume to VON at the contact information below. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Program Lead, Family Supports Programs
Tel: 519-657-4570, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact us for more information:
Suite 100 - 1151 Florence Street
175 South Edgeware Road
St Thomas, Ontario
274 Head St N.