Host Respite Program
VON in the Middlesex-London area offers the Host Respite Program for individuals of all ages who have a developmental disability. The program matches host providers to a client to provide overnight respite - a very necessary break for the client's family. VON works with the family to develop a support plan that respects the client's and family's needs. Provided up to one weekend a month, the overnight respite visit gives a valuable break for the natural family and is an important aspect of a healthy family life.
VON - Family Supports Programs is proud to offer opportunities in our Host Respite Program. For more information on becoming a host Respite Provider see below.
Host Respite Providers Needed
The Host Program of VON Middlesex-Elgin is recruiting for Host Providers who reside in the London and Middlesex area to provide support to a person with a developmental disability. There are individuals that require support in your local area that would love to meet new people, try new activities, and be integrated into the local community with your support. Your skills and talents may be a perfect match for someone requiring supports!
Opportunities are open for Host Providers at a typical commitment of one weekend per month. Support is provided in your home and for activities in the community. The Host Program through VON - Family Supports believes in creating respectful, happy, enriching environments for the supported individual. Funding for this program is provided by the Ministry of Community and Social Services.
- Provide support to an individual with a developmental disability in your home and in the community
- Provide a safe, healthy, and respectful home environment to an individual based on a mutually positive match
- Support individual in community to access social activities
- Provide respite to caregivers
- Previous experience providing support to an individual with a developmental disability is an asset
- Post-secondary education in related field is an asset
- Strong communication skills
- Able to make a minimum of one year commitment
- Family home must be non-smoking
- Access to reliable transportation
- Successful completion of VON's screening program including the submission of a Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Position Screening for all adults in your home is required
Individuals, couples, and families are welcome to apply. Host Providers/Families will be financially compensated for their work. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for our screening process will be contacted.
Coordinator, Host Respite
Tel: 519-657-4570 ext. 3238, Email: Terry.Ellison@von.ca
Contact us for more information:
Suite 100 - 1151 Florence Street
175 South Edgeware Road
St Thomas, Ontario
274 Head St N.