Adults with disabilities, potentially with the assistance of their family members, may apply for the program. If you do not yet receive government funding for Passport, we'll help you navigate the steps to apply with Developmental Services Ontario (DSO). If you have access to Passport funding, VON can assist you to coordinate your service and develop a personalized plan to fit your needs.
VON - Family Supports is proud to offer opportunities in our Passport Program. For more information on how you can become a Support Worker see below.
Support Workers Needed for Passport Program
Our program provides support to individuals with developmental disabilities and respite support to their families. We are looking for support workers to provide part-time respite support.
- Provide support to children (under age 18) and/or adults with development disabilities
- Assist people to develop skills and independence
- Access various community activities
- Assist families and VON to develop and implement individual support plans
- Work on a part-time independently contracted basis. Hours will vary depending on individual plans
- Experience providing support or care to individuals
- Education in a related field is an asset
- Access to a vehicle for work purposes is an asset
- Patient, committed and reliable
- Ability to respect confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team providing support
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their resume to VON at the contact information below. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Program Lead, Family Supports Programs
Contact us for more information:
Suite 100 - 1151 Florence Street
175 South Edgeware Road
St Thomas, Ontario
274 Head St N.