V302 Meals on Wheels Online Module
|1. Meals are delivered to residents of the community who may be
2. Volunteer drivers must have a safe driving record and possess a valid driverís license and the required car insurance.
3. The Day Captain is responsible for scheduling volunteers to deliver meals on a specified route and for keeping the Program Coordinator informed about ill or retiring volunteers
4. Meals are delivered in the evening.
5. If recipient is not home you not leave the meal unless alternate arrangements have been made prior to delivery
6. Personal care is part of your job as a Meals on Wheels volunteer.
7. If there is an emergency call the Meals on Wheels office or 911 to report the incident and continue your deliveries.
8. You may be offered a cash gratuity from a recipient, it is up to you to decline the gratuity and suggest that the client make a donation to VON I really want to stay away from statements that in any way encourage a volunteer from following the wrong procedure. Volunteers go outside the boundaries of their positions all the time, so any opportunity to reinforce policies is needed.
9. Meals on Wheels volunteers may receive a driverís mileage subsidy.
10. If you are involved in a car accident while performing your duties, you should contact the Police immediately.