Make a lasting difference in your community. Volunteer with VON today!
Every day, VON volunteers help make Canadian communities healthier. If you want to give back to your community by sharing your time and caring for others, we have a role for you.
When you become a VON Volunteer we will match your interests and availability to a volunteer role that’s right for you. We offer the training you need and ensure you are supported through frequent communication – support is always a call away.
Volunteering and COVID-19
VON is committed to ensuring the safety and health of all our volunteers, clients and employees during the pandemic. We have taken steps to protect those giving and receiving care, including additional training and education and providing required PPE. Volunteer support is critical during the pandemic as we simply couldn’t offer the same level of personal support in the community without the power of volunteers. VON volunteers have the power to change lives.
Here are a few examples of how you can make a difference as a VON volunteer:
- Meals on Wheels – Deliver hot or frozen meals to elderly or disabled clients.
- Transportation – Drive clients to medical appointments, the grocery store, or social activities and programs.
- Volunteer Visiting – (Also offered virtually!) Brighten the day of an isolated senior, physically disabled adult, or person with Alzheimer’s or dementia.
- Security Checks/Reassurance Calls – Provide a daily phone call to make sure our clients are safe and healthy.
- Adult Day Day Program – Assist VON staff in organizing and delivering fun and engaging activities.
- Home Maintenance – Help clients with minor home repairs to keep their homes safe.
Once you submit your confidential application form, you may be contacted for an interview with a VON representative. If you successfully complete our screening process, you’ll be invited to participate in training and orientation appropriate to your volunteer position.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a VON Volunteer!